Learning to tie their own shoes is a milestone in a child’s life. However, getting to this achievement can be a frustrating and difficult process. New Bricklyn offers a Magic Shoes app designed to provide kids with an easy and clever ways to learn to tie their shoes on their very own.
The app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store for just $1.99.
Magic Shoes is popular with parents, students, and therapists as unlike other apps on the market that demonstrate how to tie knots and laces, it is entirely centered on teaching kids. This fun and educational app helps kids gain their independence and boost their self-esteem.
How it Works
The Magic Shoes app follows a very simple and straightforward process, including
- Step-by-step instructions and a video collection are provided to make learning fun.
- Classic show-tying techniques are utilized, including “rabbit ears” and “tree squirrel.”
- Take a photo of the child when they’ve achieved their goal of tying their shoes and email it to friends and family to share the exciting news!
Magic Shoes allows you to customize the experience for each child, to help them feel more comfortable with the process. Enjoy special features including:
- Boy/girl themed interface.
- Easy to follow instructional videos.
- Variety of different lacing methods to choose from.
- Photo capture and sharing functionality.
“Using this fun visual aid worked like magic when teaching my relative how to tie his shoes! Great to see instructive applications like this around in the app store,” noted one reviewer on iTunes.
This app serves as a great teaching aid to help children gain one of their first forms of independence. Not only does Magic Shoes work, it also makes learning fun, so kids enjoy the process and want to continue developing new skills. It’s amazing to see how a child’s self-esteem can increase by having such an effective tool to assist in the learning process.
For additional resources to enhance your school-based practice and tips to advance your occupational therapy career, read our related posts or contact the expert team at Cobb Pediatric Therapy Services today.