Apple’s Education App Store recently selected My First AAC by Project Injini as “New and Noteworthy” – and once you try it out, you’ll quickly see why.
My First AAC an innovative augmentative and alternative communication app for your iPad, specifically designed for toddlers and preschoolers with delayed speech or severe speech disorders.
A Reflection of Natural Speech Development
My First AAC is highly intuitive and child friendly, helping children to effectively communicate with family, caregivers, teachers and others whom they meet in the course of everyday life. Developed in collaboration with a team of speech pathologists, it offers icons that reflect children’s natural speech development. The app is appropriate for those aged 18 months and older.
Among the features of My First AAC are:
- More than 250 icons organized by category.
- A child’s voice used in all audio files. Among the app’s many customization features is the ability to choose either a boy or a girl’s voice – and related settings adjust accordingly.
- Excellent animation including icons with sign language for words and phrases such as “more” and “all done.”
- The ability to recognize personalized information like a child’s name or phone number.
- A customizable screen layout that allows you to display just two large icons or up to eight smaller ones per category.
- The option to hide and unhide icons, create an entire new screen using an icon library, and lock the screen to prevent scrolling and keep a child focused on a single area.
Boost Children’s Confidence
My First AAC has received accolades from therapists, educators and parents – generating excitement around this app that could help set standards for lifelong progress in young children.
- One speech-language pathologist recently noted that, “I use My First AAC with some of my preschool students diagnosed with CAS (childhood apraxia of speech), ASD (autism spectrum disorders) and Down syndrome. Using the app has helped to boost their confidence much more quickly than the other expensive low and high-tech options on the market today. Proof is in my students’ progress and with each new word or phrase they learn and master.”
- And this comment came from the parents of a small child with Angelman Syndrome: “This has been a wonderful app for him to communicate with us. Easy to use. We customize with our own photos and voice, yet they also have a wide variety of icon artwork that we use as well. Thank you!”
My First AAC is priced at $24.99 on the Apple I Tunes store.
To learn more about this and other resources available to advance your school-based therapy career, contact one of the specialized recruiters at Cobb Pediatric Therapy Services today.